PECET has a strong team of highly qualified personnel within a solid infrastructure. With about 30 years of experience in the design of effective programs for prevention and control of tropical diseases, our services include:
RISK INFECTION DETERMINATION BY TROPICAL DISEASES
Focus studies of tropical diseases such as dengue, malaria, leishmaniasis, fasciolosis, paragonimosis, paramfistomosis, angiostrongyliasis and Chagas disease using an eco-epidemiologic focus and the determination of the epidemiological risk of infection.
• Conducting epidemiological surveys to determine the population gropus with major risks of suffering tropical diseases.
• Conducting qualitative research on tropical diseases about CAP
• Morphological and molecular identification of vectors (insects and mollusks) and determination of related infection risk behaviors.
• Determination of organic markers to define risk areas of infection (macro-focus).
• Isolation and identification of causative agents of tropical parasitic and viral diseases.
• Diagnosis of infection in wild and domestic reservoirs.
• Design and implementation of programs for the prevention and control of vector-borne diseases.
TRAINING COURSES, CONTINUED EDUCATION AND PRIMARY HEALTH EDUCATION
• Primary health education in tropical diseases such as dengue, malaria, leishmaniasis, fasciolosis, paragonimosis and Chagas disease.
• Training health personnel in the diagnosis, treatment, prevention and control measures of tropical diseases.
• Basic and advanced bioinformatics courses with emphasis on computational tools for predicting the microbicidal activity in drugs.
• Theoretical and practical courses about the detection and identification methods of Leishmania using conventional PCR-based and real-time methods.
• Virtual and classroom courses about Good Clinical Practice and Clinical Trials Coordination.
• Diagnosis of infection using serological and molecular methods.
• General and specialized medical consultation in Tropical Medicine.
• Sampling and laboratory test analysis specialized in detecting Leishmaniasis: Direct, culture, serology (IFI) and PCR identification of parasite species.
• Sampling and laboratory test analysis specialized in the diagnosis of Dengue: Quick Test, detection of IgM antibodies (ELISA capture), IgG antibody detection (ELISA capture).
• Care of patients with malaria, Chagas disease, and paragonimosis fasciolosis.
DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION OF MEDICINES, VACCINES AND DIAGNOSTIC TEST
• Evaluation of molluscicides substances in laboratory and field conditions.
• Prediction of compounds with different potentials using computational tools such as docking, artificial intelligence tools, homology analysis, construction and network analysis.
• Design of clinical research protocols in order to study the safety and effectiveness of drugs and biological products for tropical diseases.
• Running Clinical Trials (Phase I, II and III) according to the Good Clinical Practice.
• Clinical monitoring and data management of clinical tests.
• Data analysis generated by clinical trials. Writing and submission of scientific manuscripts.
• Design and implementation of concept testing of drugs and therapeutic alternatives for tropical diseases.
• Copy sales (eggs, larvae and adults of insects of medical importance).
• Disposition of shellfish colonies under laboratory conditions for molluscicides substances tests.
• Evaluation of repellents, insecticides, mosquito nets and other preventive measures or control of tropical diseases.
• Toxicity tests and primary cultures (human, murine cell lines, hamster, etc.) by colorimetric methods, fluorometric and flow cytometry.
• Anti-Leishmania promastigotes activity tests in amastigote and intracellular amastigotes by counting microscopically, colorimetry, fluorometry and / or flow cytometry.
• Anti-Plasmodium falciparum activity tests in parasites in total and specific stages by counting microscopically, colorimetry, fluorometry and / or flow cytometry.
• Testing activity against Trypanosoma cruzi in amastigotes, intracellular amastigotes and trypomastigotes by counting microscopically, colorimetry and / or flow cytometry.
• Leishmanicidal therapeutic response assessment, antimalarial and anti-T. cruzi of drug candidate compounds in the respective animal model: hamster / leishmania (different species), mouse / P. berghei or another mouse / T. cruzi.
• Evaluation of toxicological and pharmaco-kinetics profiles of new substances, compounds and products in general, according to OECD guidelines.
• Validation of proper methodologies for the automated assessment of compounds with antiparasitic activity.
• Cytotoxicity and biocompatibility tests of materials: fluorescence test of cell-material interaction, cell proliferation, bactericidal activity, cell adhesion, cell mineralization and flow cytometry for biomarkers.